Inspired by some of the most incredible athletes in sports, I was able to improve my game and became more motivated. These quotes helped push me past the self-doubt and other toxic thoughts that used to creep in.
Female basketball players can relate to these wise and inspiring basketball quotes for girls from various coaches, players, or celebrities. So without further adieu, let’s get started with the list! Feel free at any time during your day if you need extra motivation to feel right here in this article because who knows when inspiration might strike again?
Basketball Quotes for Girls
1. Talent is God-given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful.
2. Empower the people around you, from the janitor to the athletic director. You do that by being sincere, caring about others, and then putting it into practice.
3. Here’s how I’m going to beat you. I’m going to outwork you. That’s it. That’s all there is to it.
4. Our goal is not to win. It’s to play together and play hard. Then, winning takes care of itself.
-Mike Krzyzewski (“Coach K”)
5. Never say never because limits, like fears, are often just illusions.
6. You were born to be a player. You were meant to be here. This moment is yours.
-Former Team USA Hockey Coach Herb Brooks
7. Your passion and dedication can’t be some time, part-time, or spare time… It has to be All-Time.
-WNBA Star Breanna Stewart
8. Everything negative- pressure, challenges- are all an opportunity for me to rise.
-The late great Kobe Bryant
9. You cannot achieve unless you believe in yourself. You are more capable than you think.
-WNBA Star Elena Delle Donne
10. I think the good and the great are only separated by the willingness to sacrifice.
-NBA Hall of Famer Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
11. Push yourself again and again. Don’t give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.
-Former Celtics Legend Larry Bird
12. Whether it’s college or the NBA, it’s basketball, and the more you play the less you need to adjust.
13. People who create 20 percent of the results will begin believing they deserve 80 percent of the rewards.
-Former Lakers and Heat Head Coach Pat Riley
14. It’s harder to stay on top than it is to climb. Continue to seek new goals.
-University of Tennessee legendary coach Pat Summitt
15. Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals.
-James Naismith, Inventor of Basketball
16. It’s not all about shooting. That’s such a small part of my game, but that’s what people focus on the most. I just try to do the little things.
17. Coaches shouldn’t have to push you to work hard, you should push yourself to work hard because you want to be a great player.
-Former Indiana Head Coach Bob Knight
18. Love is the force that ignites the spirit and binds teams together.
-Former Bulls and Lakers Head Coach Phil Jackson
19. Bottom line, you’re either a risk taker or you’re not, and if you don’t take risks, you’ll never win big.
Motivational Basketball Quotes for Girls
20. Shout praise and whisper criticism.
21. I learn more from the WNBA. They know how to dribble, how to pivot, how to use the fake shot.
22. Young people need models. Not critics.
23. Champions play as they practice. Create a consistency of excellence in all your habits.
-Mike Krzyzewski of Duke (“Coach K”)
24. My goal is to win the next game one possession at a time. That’s it. I don’t have any other goals.
-NBA Coach Brad Stevens
25. You can’t concentrate on the misses. If you get good shots, you’ve got to take them. If you don’t, you hurt the team.
-WNBA Star Diana Taurasi
26. No matter what business you’re in, you can’t run in place or you’re going to be passed up by someone.
27. Everything is habit-forming, so make sure what you do is what you want to be doing.
-Former Lakers Legend Wilt Chamberlain
28. I’ve never lost a game. I just ran out of time.
29. Good players want to be coached. Great players want to be told the truth.
-NBA Head Coach Doc Rivers
Determination Basketball Quotes for Girls
30. I don’t need too much. Glamour and all that stuff don’t excite me. I am just glad to have the game of basketball in my life.
-NBA Superstar LeBron James
31. Bottom line- if you want success of any kind; you have to be comfortable being uncomfortable.
32. For me, being tall was positive because I thought my mom was the most beautiful person ever.
-Former WNBA Star Lisa Leslie
33. He who controlleth the backboard, controlleth the game.
-Legendary Kentucky Coach Adolph Rupp
34. The only important statistic is the final score.
-11-Time NBA Champion Bill Russell
35. Don’t act like you’re too good to use other ideas.
-Former NBA Coach Hubie Brown
36. Teams that play together beat those with superior players who play more as individuals.
37. Freshmen want to play. Sophomores want to start. Juniors want to score. Seniors want to win.
38. With the absence of pressure, it’s hard to do great things.
-UCONN head coach Geno Auriemma
39. Don’t make excuses. Make your free throws.
-WNBA Superstar Elena Delle Donne
Intense Basketball Quotes for Girls
40. We have unfinished business.
41. It’s not to hurt anyone, but basketball can be rough.
42. Don’t give up. Don’t ever give up.
-Jim Valvano, Former NC State Head Coach
43. When you work on getting better at something, don’t do it half speed.
44. It’s not how big you are, it’s how big you play.
-Former UCLA Coach John Wooden
45. Coming in every day and walking the walk. That is what you want to do as a leader.
-WNBA Star Maya Moore
46. To be successful, you have to expose yourself to different situations- different styles of play, different teammates, and different coaching.
-WNBA Point Guard Sue Bird
47. Every day that you wake up, you have one job and that is getting better.
-NBA Point Guard Derrick Rose
48. Winning is like deodorant- it comes up and a lot of things don’t stink.
-NBA Coach Doc Rivers
49. Morale and attitude are the fundamentals of success.
50. Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.
-NBA Hall of Famer Michael Jordan
Conclusion: 50 Inspirational Basketball Quotes for Girls
As girls, we are often inundated with messages that tell us we’re not good enough or need to look a certain way. These basketball quotes for girls will help you keep your head up and stay in the fight, no matter what life throws your way. Remember, the only person who can stop you from achieving your goals is yourself. So don’t give up, work hard, and always strive to improve. And most importantly, have fun playing the game you love.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q: What do you say to motivate your basketball team?
A: Praise your players both when they win and when they lose. Simple words of encouragement and praise can give your players the boost they need to finish strong. Credit does not have to come only from coaches. Encourage parents and team members to compliment one another on and off the court.
Q: How do you motivate your team?
- Set clear goals and share your vision.
- Communicate with your employees.
- Encourage collaboration.
- A healthy work environment.
- Provide positive feedback and recognize your team.
- Make development opportunities available.
Q: Why is basketball so fun?
A: Basketball has grown in popularity for various reasons, including Basketball is a lot of fun to play: Basketball is played at a breakneck and exciting pace. Furthermore, each player on the court gets to play both offense and defense, and each player’s role is only loosely defined.
Q: What does basketball teach you about life?
A: Values Teamwork
They’ll learn how to work together as a team and develop a sense of camaraderie. Respect for one another is also part of teamwork. Basketball has always had rules prohibiting players from injuring one another. Children will learn valuable life lessons about competing while remaining safe.